Talk! Talk! Talk!
Have you ever met a person who constantly turns the conversation back to themselves by saying, “Oh yeah. I know what you mean. It’s like when I…” and off they go, never having commented on what you said before they jumped in.
Have you ever met a person who seems to monopolize a conversation until people begin leaving the room?
What do you do when you encounter these people? And more importantly, how do you keep from being one of them?
In this four-hour Communication Workshops, we will :
- Explore e-mail and texting as the newest way of communicating.
- Practice the art of debate.
- Learn how to resolve confrontations.
- Examine our responses when someone uses sharp words or a tone of voice that hurts.
- Practice new techniques for resolving disruptive encounters peacefully in a win/win resolution.
- Discuss the roles people play in groups as leader, recorder, idea-person, and “devil’s advocate.”
This workshop will empower you to create peaceful relationships, to recognize your needs and to seek to have them met without infringing upon the needs or another.